Monday, February 7, 2011

Guess What????

I FINALLY stopped being a punk and signed up for half marathon training. I decided on Friday and went to workout with the group on Saturday.....WHOA! All I can say is that I survived. We did 5 miles in the Brentwood area, it was cold, hilly, and windy. But the point is I FINISHED!!!!

Considering they had been training for a month I did not do too bad. There were only a couple of other walkers, but I kept up pace.  Although my body was in pain the rest of the day (and still some today) I made it. 

This is going to be a challenge for me, but it is a great way to get Operation Death of Fat Girl back on track. I had gained some weight since the accident and the holidays because I was not working out as much and not eating right, but in order for me to finish the half marathon in April I am going to have to do both on a consistent basis.

I am walking with Team Rio which is helping raise funds for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee an organization that I mentor with. If you would like to make a donation to help support the organization and I would be greatly appreciative :-) You can donate here.

I will update you all on my progress! Please pray!!! My two goals are two finish and not passout!

1 comments:

LC said...

Way to take charge, get back on track and sign up! You will do great!

Post a Comment