Thursday, February 24, 2011

More Mental than Physical

If you follow me you know that I am training for a half marathon at the end of April.  Training is going well, but what I am realizing each day that it is more mental than anything. I mean when I think about the distance it causes me to doubt that I can finish. I can comfortably complete 5 miles without passing out (first time I did this I was passed out in my bead for the entire weekend after).

Saturday the group is doing 8 miles....PRAY! I am the only walker in the group it seems like so I am usually the last to finish and that does not bother me, but when I get the mental picture of 8 miles it freaks me out.  What is giving me motivation right now is that I can do 4 miles so if I make it to the halfway point I just have to walk back to my car. 

I have my Ipod charged up, I am taking tomorrow to rest, and I am determined to get 8 miles finished on Saturday!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment